Co. Tipperary, Ireland
© Barry Thomas Hendrickson
These carved Romanesque arches date back to the 12th century. They are from Cormac’s Chapel built in 1127 located on the Rock of Cashel (Caiseal Mumhan), which rises out of the Tipperary plains. The Rock of Cashel was the base of Kings and Churchmen who ruled over this region and was a symbol of power for over a thousand years.